Frequently Asked Questions
AUPPHS-FA is a four-year American standard high school from grades 9-12 that offers a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum in English and emphasizes the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) philosophy. In addition to this, there are 24 honors-level courses offered.
With recognition from the College Board, AUPPHS-FA will also introduce Advanced Placement (AP) courses into our curriculum beginning in the academic year 2022-2023. Advanced Placement (AP) courses are recognized worldwide for their academic rigor and those who successfully complete AP courses are more likely to be accepted into the university of their choice.
AUPPHS-FA delivers a College Preparatory level (CP) curriculum that includes core courses in English, mathematics, science (biology, chemistry, physics), social studies, world language, and physical education as well as health. Furthermore, AUPPHS-FA also offers advanced studies in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) subjects to test students’ minds and improve their critical thinking.
STEAM courses offered in the 2021-2022 academic year include Civil Engineering CP (Grade 9), Robotics CP (Grade 10 and Grade 11), and Form and Space Exploration CP (Grade 12).
AUPPHS-FA only offers classes in English, but Khmer literature as an elective course is being considered as a future program.
The teachers at AUPPHS-FA are expert foreign professionals from international universities with extensive teaching and research experience. There are also specialists for subjects offered in AUPPHS-FA’s STEAM Program. All faculty members have been trained to provide interactive learning environments that engage students in their learning, ensuring it remains meaningful for them.
If a student transfers in the middle of the school year, they will need to send in their official transcripts to AUPPHS-FA and will have their reports evaluated. If the student is missing credits in any courses from their previous years, they will need to complete those courses at AUPPHS-FA to fulfill the missing credits in order to graduate.
All students enrolled in AUPPHS-FA are required to complete the following:
- Earn a minimum of 24.5 credits to graduate
- Participate in community service.
- Complete Library Reading.
- Complete a Capstone Project.
For more information about our graduation requirements, please check here.
Students who graduate from AUPPHS-FA receive two diplomas:
- A diploma issued by AUPPHS-FA which is equivalent to the national BAC II diploma.
- A diploma issued by AUPPHS-FA in partnership with Foxcroft Academy which is equivalent to a U.S. diploma.
Upon graduation from AUPPHS-FA, students may continue their studies at the American University of Phnom Penh (AUPP). AUPPHS’s affiliation with Foxcroft Academy also provides the opportunity for students to study abroad and pursue their education in the United States or other countries where the Foxcroft Academy diploma is recognized.
Admission and Application
Before enrollment, students are required to submit the following:
- An application form.
- One copy of their birth certificate/passport/national ID.
- One copy of their family book/parents’ IDs.
- One copy of previous school report cards/official transcripts.
- Two (4 x 6) cm photographs (in color) attach to the application form.
Before enrolling, an interview and English Placement Test are required for all students, unless their IELTS/TOEFL scores meet the criteria. The English Placement Test is necessary to gauge students’ abilities in listening, reading, speaking, and writing in English which is crucial to their success at AUPPHS-FA.
Students are exempt from the English Placement Test if their TOEFL/IELTS scores match the following:
- 9th grade must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 55+ / IELTS 3.0+
- 10th grade must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 63+ / IELTS 4.0+
- 11th grade students must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 74+ / IELTS 5.0+
- 12th grade must demonstrate excellent academic performance and a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 85+ / IELTS 6.0+
All applicants are recommended to book their appointment for the interview and English Placement Test during working hours with our Admission Officer before coming to the campus.
Book your appointment: Click here
Tuition and Other Fees
The tuition fee of the 2021-2022 academic year is an annual fee of $5,000 for all grades.
Students have three options when paying for tuition:
- Pay the full amount (a single payment of $5,000 annually).
- Use a semesterly payment plan.
- Use a quarterly payment plan.
Students will need to cover the following fees:
- A one-time, non-refundable application fee of $50.
- A one-time, non-refundable testing fee of $25 for AUPPHS-FA’s English Placement Test.
- non-refundable registration fee of $250 per year.
- A one-time device fee of $375 for a school Chromebook during the study at AUPPHS-FA.
- An annual activities fee of $125 for educational activities organized by AUPPHS-FA (ex. field trips).
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exam fee of $150 per course to be paid in the 3rd Quarter (only for Grade 11 and Grade 12)
Please note that students who have the required IELTS or TOEFL iBT scores are exempt from the English Placement Test. Thus, they do not need to make payment for the testing fee of $25. Parking fees will only affect those who plan to bring their vehicles onto campus.
AUPPHS-FA offers a sibling discount where the second child is given a 10% discount while subsequent siblings are discounted at 20%. This discount is only available for siblings enrolled in AUPP or AUPPHS-FA and applies solely to tuition fees.
AUPPHS-FA’s classes are from Monday-Friday. These classes will begin at 8 AM and end by 4.00 PM. However, this may change depending on the schedule.
AUPPHS-FA does not provide transportation for students to ensure their safety during the pandemic.
There is a state-of-the-art canteen inside the campus where students can buy delicious meals or bring their packed lunches to eat.
Our students are required to use their Chromebooks at school to become much more engaged in learning. To increase access to those 21st Century skills, AUPPHS-FA adopts a way of learning with a 1:1 Chromebook technology which allows students to learn about collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking in a variety of ways throughout the school day.
Students can bring any school-issued devices home after paying their device fee. However, it is important for students to take good care of these devices since they are expected to use them until their graduation.